CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cross-stitch - Part II

I thought tonight I might add a few of the pieces that I have actually hanging in my home. Let me know what you think. Please excuse the blurry pictures. I am still trying to get used to my new camera!

This is the first "large" project that I attempted. I love carousels and carousel horses. I thought I was going to go nuts before I finished because when I started this I was pretty much still a novice and this pattern contained 1/4 and 3/4 stitches and also the gold filament. If you have never worked with filament, I suggest taking heavy sedatives before beginning. I still (after years of using it) get frustrated with the stuff!

I found these horses separate from the carousel but thought they went along nicely. I have done all 6 of them that I could find. Some of these may be turned sideways and I don't know why. (In my previews they are right side up--I don't know, just more confusing technical junk) Anyway, you can at least get the picture (no pun intended!)





I have done a couple of quick smaller projects. I guess you call them wall hangings. They are fairly small and these things are the easiest things to finish up. It is easy to do and they look nice when they are done. Some of them you just hand hem and some I have just "fringed" the material. The hardware is easy to find at most craft stores, but I have learned to make my own. I buy unfinished dowels and finials and stain them and then I just use either gold thread or ribbon to use as the hanger. Here are 2 that I have hanging in my house now.


I mentioned in my ramblings last night about the scenes from Memphis that I had done. I have also a San Antonio icon...The Alamo. I think this picture is really blurry but you can see what it is (HaHa). It was fun to do and the framer that I had found at the time did a fantastic job on the matting and framing. The matting is actually dark leather. I have quite a few San Antonio scenes and I hope to get around to stitching them some day. (The San Antonio Skyline, The Riverwalk, Mission San Jose)

I have one more section on cross-stitch that maybe I can do tomorrow. It is the main thing I am working on now and absolutely LOVE them. I'll give you a hint...they are large projects!! But I really love how they turn out! See you tomorrow (oops, it's already tomorrow!)

0 comments: