CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

STUFF

I still do not have my new digital camera...my son, who shall remain nameless (Cody) still has it. Obviously he is enjoying it.
The time has flown by lately and now school is about to start. In many ways, I am glad, but I am also a little sad. I do enjoy the kids being around. I just seem to not get anything done when they are around. I guess I still like being a kid and running around with them. Of course, once school starts, it's Marching Band, Soccer, Band, Soccer, Band, well you get the idea. It's just that I think the summer is more relaxed. It is also extremely hot! Boy, when these days are close to 100, I sure do miss Tennessee. I am amazed even after 13 years how crunchy grass can get when it is completely burned up! When we first moved here I wanted to add color to my flower beds. I bought and set out begonias (they take full sun). The NEXT day, those begonias had shriveled and rolled themselves underground! (I don't blame them!!)I went to the nursery and asked them what happened..."it says full sun"! Their reply, "Well it doesn't mean South Central Texas full sun". So I just bought me some silk flowers and stuck them in the beds (my neighbor gave me that hint). After about a month of that, I decided that was cheesy and threw them away. I love Texas from October through May, but June thru September can be brutal. (Although our 1st February here it was 100 for a couple of days). Right now, it is unbelievable outside. We have gotten rain yesterday and today (miracle) and just in the last few minutes the sun has come out and it is still drizzling. The rays of the sun are cutting through the clouds and striking the rain, making little rainbow spears and just off to the north there is a big beautiful rainbow. I hope all of you are having a great day and I'll be back soon.

0 comments: